This course is specifically targeted at the official who desires to assist in the conduct of club racing and includes all of the basics into officiating at a BMX track. The course requires candidates to read an online manual and complete an online quiz. Before you take the Level 1 Quiz, please make sure you are a current BMX Australia member (volunteer membership is recommended) and have obtained a Working With Children clearance in your State or Territory.
BMX Australia will NOT process your Level 1 qualification if you are not a member or do not send your WWCC clearance to email@example.com once you have completed the Level 1 quiz.
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Hold a current BMXA membership (a minimum of volunteer membership - click here if you are not a current member)
- Hold a working with children check (subject to state or territory requirements)Click Here and then click on your State or Territory to find out the requirements in your state/territory.
To complete your accreditation
It will be necessary for you to have read the Officials Manual and successfully complete the online quiz. Each Official must agree to the Officials Code of Behaviour and adhere to the State legislation for working with children in the state which they will be working.
Once attained, your accreditation will be valid for four years. To maintain your accreditation during this period you will be required to:
- Maintain current BMXA membership
- Maintain a valid WWCC from your state or territory
>> Manual (PDF file requires Adobe Acrobat Reader, click here to install Acrobat)
To retain accreditation an official is required to officiate at a minimum of four club and/ or open events per year. If an official is unable to achieve the minimum activity levels each year they will be required to undertake the training program again to reaccredit.