This course is for the official who assists with national level calendar events. This course deals with general principles of officiating and also BMX specifics at a high performance level. After completing this level you will be qualified to officiate at National events Australia-wide. The course is conducted by BMX Australia once a year during the National Championships.
- Be at least 18 years of age upon completion of the course
- Be a current accredited Level 2 Official
- Have been actively officiating at all levels of competition for 2 years
- Hold a current BMX Australia membership (minimum of a Non-Competitive Membership)
- Hold a working with children check
- Complete the ASC Online Introductory Officiating General Principles course.
To complete your accreditation
In order to be recognised as an 'Accredited BMX Australia Level 3 National Official' you must attend a Level 3 National Officiating Course run by BMX Australia and complete all theory and practical elements of this course. It will be necessary for you to complete and submit the workbook and be assessed on the practical aspects of the course by an accredited assessor. You must be able to competently perform the duties of an Official at a National level before being awarded the Level 3 National Officiating Accreditation. Each Official must sign an Officials Code of Behaviour and adhere to the State Association By-Laws or legislation for working with children in the state which they will be working.
Once attained, your accreditation will be valid for four years. To maintain your accreditation during this period you will be required to:
- Demonstrate the achievement of 12.5 hours per year of National level officiating
- Demonstrate the achievement of 2.5 hours per year of personal development
- Complete a questionnaire annually to confirm you are aware of any changes to the rules, if required
- Maintain current BMX Australia membership (a minimum of a Non-Competitive membership)
Officiate at 4 open days or state titles each year plus 1 national event over 4 years.
Additionally: all officials should have a club membership, working with children check, if exempt a completed statutory declaration which is found in the membership protection policy and a signed code of behaviour form.
Level 3 officials should also complete the ASC Online Introductory Officiating General Principles course.